Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce Review

What the heck is a masala?

I wasn't in the mood to prepare anything elaborate tonight, so it seemed like an ideal opportunity to try the Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce that has been sitting in our pantry.

I poured the contents of the jar, some small pieces of chicken, and a cup of water into a pot and covered it, then let it heat on the stove. Easy enough.

I also added some carrot, celery, onion, and peanuts.

Sexy Nerd made some instant brown rice to accompany our meal.

The finished product, piggy and all.

So, how was the Trader Joe's Masala Simmer Sauce? Lemony. Really, really lemony! I'll be honest. I wasn't quite sure what "Masala Simmer Sauce" was supposed to taste like. The jar is no help. All it says is that the product makes a great base for authentic Indian meals. Silly me, I didn't realise that authentic Indian meals meant full of lemon juice. When I did a search for masala recipes, the results came back with lots of cumin, coriander, and cinnamon, but not a lot of lemon. Altogether, tonight's dinner was a bit of a dud.

For tomorrow's leftovers, I'll try adding a little spinach and coconut milk. In defense of Trader Joe's, I do enjoy their curry sauce. In fact, the next time I'm in the area, I plan to stop by for curry sauce, soy chorizo, pizza dough, and something called "mangolicious".

No Masala Simmer Sauce though.

0 fabulous friends commented!:

Post a Comment

Isn't it fun to leave comments? Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...