- 1 diced avocado (2 if you want to be fancy and serve this inside the shell)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Diced red onion (just a sprinkling, unless you really love the taste of raw onion!)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use low fat with olive oil)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I use nonfat)
- Generous sprinkling each of Dill, Paprika, Garlic Powder, and Oregano
- 20 crumbled crackers (Add right before serving)
This recipe is so easy peasy, let's learn it through pictures. You're really just throwing everything together in a big bowl.
We aren't the only ones around here who love avocado.
This photo shows "sliced", not "diced". Tsk, tsk!
You'll want to squeeze out most of the juice. Don't be a dope like me and realize, halfway through, that you should pour the flavorful tomato juice into a jar of tomato sauce, not down the drain!
Some feta-y goodness.
Red onion! The first time I made this recipe, I went waaay overboard and threw in an entire half a red onion, which was overpowering. My Avocado and Egg Salad was still tasty, but expect people to take a step back from you if you choose to go the onion-packed route.
Next up, it's time for the eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, and spices. I don't have photos of those last ingredients (perfect for a recipe "through photos") but, hey, aren't my eggs pretty?
You're almost done! Once everything is mixed up in the bowl, and right before serving, stir in 20 crumbled crackers. I've made this using Saltines and Ritz crackers and both ways are delicious.
Wasn't that so simple? If you're feeling fancy, you can use the avocado shells as bowls for your Avocado and Egg Salad. So much more impressive than a paper plate!