The World's Cutest Easter Recipe

"Peep! Peep!"
What You'll Need
(makes 10 super-cute Peeps nests)
  • 7oz melted chocolate chips (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
  • 5oz Fiber One bran cereal (or similar)(Chinese Noodles should work just fine as well)
  • 10 Peeps chicks
  • 20-30 Jelly Beans
Not a photo of worms in a bowl, I promise!

Combine the melted chocolate chips and the cereal. To melt the chocolate, I've found that microwaving it in a glass bowl on half power works well, stirring every 45 seconds. The 7oz were fully melted after about 3 minutes.

Such a healthy cereal, such an unhealthy use.

Then again, I might be looking at this all wrong. With all these nifty vitamins and minerals, surely these Peeps nests are good for me, right? No more multivitamins for this gal.

Behold, a healthy mound of chocolaty goodness.

An ice cream scoop makes these nests the perfect size, with very little mess, especially when dropped onto a silicone baking mat.

Next, add a Peep. Kinda press him down into the nest, but there's no need to go overboard. I was skeptical that my Peeps would stay in their nests. They did. The same goes for the jelly beans.

Are these the green eggs Dr. Seuss was talking about?

Be careful positioning your Peeps and jellybeans. Once you get melted chocolate on a Peep, there's no getting it off! 

Let your chicks chill out for a few hours.
And, yes, my fridge is just as bad as my pantry. Two loaves of bread, three containers of butter, and so, soo much nacho cheese.

 Ta da! Peeps picnic.

Surely, I didn't go so far as to stick one of these nests in our cherry tree.

No wonder none of my neighbors talk to me.

An extra special thanks to Carrots n Chocolate and Sun Scholars, who both helped inspire this post!

1 comment:

  1. Your good post was a treat to me. I really enjoyed the way you present it all. Thanks!
    Restaurant website

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it fun to leave comments? Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...