I had no intention of blogging about this, but the finished product was just too tasty not to share. Look at all that muffiny (yes, muffiny!) goodness.
Pigging out on cornbread muffins isn't that bad if 9 are mini muffins, right? Really, it's like I've had just 2 muffins.
By moving all the muffins out of the pans, Sexy Nerd has no way of knowing how many I've eaten. Muah ha ha! (evil laugh)
What makes these so insanely good? What makes them green?? As I had just finished cleaning out the fridge, I had lots of other things to use up. It may have influenced this recipe.
Everything Cornbread Muffins
- 2 pouches of Cornbread mix (13oz total if using a different size/brand than the tasty Betty Crocker one shown above)
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 C milk (I used nonfat milk - important to note if you're going to gorge yourself on muffins!)
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic
- 1/2 a white onion, chopped
- 1/2 a can of corn
- 3 hot dogs, thinly sliced (I used low fat turkey dogs - thank goodness!)
- 1/4 C diced jalapenos (Of course, use your discretion here.)
- 1/2 C grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C grated Gouda cheese
- 1/2 a bunch of chopped spinach
- 1/2 tsp brown mustard
Uh oh. We lost 2 more big muffins and 2 more mini muffins while I wrote this post. Sexy Nerd had better get home soon if he wants any of these!
Sexy Nerd got home about 10 minutes ago. He has already polished off the remaining mini muffins and is now working on the large muffins.
He's worse than me!
As a side note, did you notice his fancy new ring? It's unbreakable!